These are absolutely precious. I messed up twice, and thank the Lord for the seam ripper. Lesson from the experience: children and sewing (concentration) don’t mix well all the time. When I went to put the ruffle on the leg, first I accidentally sewed the ruffle to the wrong side where the hem was showing… so I had to take all the stitches out and do it over… well then I made the GENIUS move and SEWED THE OPPOSITE LEGS TOGETHER, so it was like a dress, but not… because it looked like there was a trunk coming out from the crotch area. Needless to say, not a good thing for a pair of overalls… so had to AGAIN take all the stitches out… Live and learn. I was just too distracted, and not paying close attention to my project because I was too concerned with making sure it got done, because I wanted her to be able to wear it to church Sunday… Granted, I had a WHOLE other day, and it literally only took me about an hour and a half to complete… (that’s including the 30 minutes it took me to get the stitches out and redo it.) All in all, it turned out better than I could have imagined. Next time, I will try and work with the lighting because the pant ruffles DO match one of the colors in the fabric, you just can’t see it very well… and the ruffles look extra dark where as the pattern doesn’t… Anyway. It looks super cute, and should be able to fit her Highness until Easter. It is big on her right now, but there is elastic in the top, so even if she grows more, it is expandable. 🙂
Ruffled Leg Pillowcase Romper Overalls
I often wonder if anyone reads these, so if you do, please comment.